Bloomsbury Medieval Studies is an interdisciplinary digital resource with a global perspective supporting academic teaching and study of the Medieval world. The growing platform is the digital home of the Bloomsbury Medieval Studies Core Collection and Medieval Clothing and Textiles, enabling institutions to curate their own bespoke content collections to best suit the needs of their students and scholars.
With a unique range of cross searchable primary and secondary material, Bloomsbury Medieval Studies is a one-stop resource for the study and teaching of the Medieval world.
To maintain a rigorous academic standard the Bloomsbury Medieval Studies platform will be updated twice a year with new, cutting-edge research including:
- Regular updates for the Encyclopedia of the Global Middle Ages with exclusive articles exploring exciting and cutting-edge topics such as community life, empires and colonies, travel and migration, trade and exchange, spiritual life, the natural world, and much more.
- New scholarship from Bloomsbury’s Medieval Studies list and other prestige publishing partners, such as IB Tauris, Arc Humanities Press and Amsterdam Universities Press, with key backlist titles and cutting-edge newly published eBooks.
- A growing series of exclusive Primary Source Commentary Articles, written and peer-reviewed by major scholars, designed to bridge the gap between primary and secondary content in order to introduce students to the context and significance of the platform’s medieval manuscripts, maps and incunabula.
- Exclusive Lesson Plans to provide well-rounded reading lists for students and provide instructors with valuable teaching tools to help them globalise and enrich their curriculum.
- A new Introductory Article series covering key subject areas within Medieval Studies from a global perspective to support course building and further studies.
- Image partnerships with leading museums and galleries.